NYU College of Dentistry Dental Sleep Medicine
The American Academy of Sleep Medicine, a physician led academically founded academy for the advancement of sleep in the US, has recommended the use of oral appliances as a primary treatment for mild and moderate obstructive sleep apnea.
This has become the standard of practice and the parameter of care yet few dentists have University based training from Board Certified sleep specialists.
This course exposes the dentist to a multidisiplinary ENT, Pulmonary, Dental algorithm of diagnosis and treatment ideally suited to the snoring and apneic patient.
- Be better able to interpret polysomnograms and portable sleep studies
- Better understand obstructive sleep apnea and the differential diagnosis of the sleepy patient
- Become more familiar with the latest medical and surgical treatments for OSA
- Improve physical examination skills for the diagnosis and treatment of OSA
- Be familiar with several oral appliances, their indications, insertion and titration
- Learn integrated diagnosis and treatment from ENT’s Pulmonologists and other sleep specialists
For more detailed information on registration and sponsorship please click the link below